Wednesday, March 19, 2008

i AM a girl

Jess just sent a few more memories my way via scanner (which I must now own), and I just wanted to share..

This is one of my favorite childhood pictures, circa 1982. I actually have hair, and you can really see the similarities in facial features between me/Rowen and Jess/Xander. I also love that I have almost identical window dressings in my house right now, and that my mom made these costumes by hand.

This is us at the beach, again 1980. I looked either confused or constipated, but my Gram looks fab in her glasses, and Jess looks just like her son (but a girl version, even with that omnipresent bowl cut). X even does that same hand to mouth thing that she is doing when he's excited.

And this is just an amazing picture. I'm about 1 and Jess is about 3 and we're sitting on the deck (which my father built) in the house I grew up in.

I love childhood memories for summertime, my sisters outfits (which I would not only wear now, but I would also probably fit into), and that genuine innocence only very young children truly possess.

7 comments:

Enfievre said...

e...

you and jess are so SO cute. loves.

Anonymous said...

These are some of the iconic images of your childhood - you were so adorable (and still are ;)

Anonymous said...

We have a scanner that you can use until you get your own.

Anonymous said...

so so cute. i remember the 2 of you and your not so curly hair!!!you and jess were fun babies.have a good day.wendy

Anonymous said...

Also, do those Lee boys have ANY of their dad's genes?

Unknown said...

Holy crap...you two DO look exactly like Xander and Rowen. So cute...my favorite post ever.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! You two are so darn cute! You guys remind me so much of me and my sister!! Aren't sisters the best!!!!!

 

Subscribe in a reader