Friday, April 11, 2008

i heart fishtown

On Thursday I went to my first yoga class since my surgery in October. It felt amazing and I'm so glad that I finally went back. I had been wanting to go for months but was just scared that I wasn't ready or that I was going to hurt myself. I bought a yoga DVD several months ago, with the intention of practicing at home until I was ready to take classes again, but this was when I was still on chemo and my body was SO not ready. I hurt myself and was in pain for over a week and didn't try again.

But now that I'm getting stronger I knew it was time to go back. I also needed something to help relax me since I'm not doing acupuncture anymore. The studio I went to is called Angler Movement Arts Center and is in Fishtown. And since it was so warm outside I rode my bike, which was hilarious and I kind of wish someone was with me to see me swerving all over the road and laughing at myself. But I made it there and home and on Friday I was sore but in a good way. And I'm happier on the inside, which is what matters. The class was full of other dirty hippy Fishtowners, so I felt right at home. I definitely smelled an armpit or two, and maybe some 'essential oils'. The teacher was great, and was really careful with me since I previously explained about having surgery on my abdomen.

Anyway, it was a good night for me, and I felt really at peace riding home in my neighborhood. You can see things in an entirely different way when you're on your bike versus driving in a car. But I still don't think I'll be taking my bike anywhere outside of the neighborhood anytime soon. I need to work on a few fundamentals first!

Here's another picture of a random Fishtown street that I found while walking the boys-

It's going to be 75 today, and I'm going shopping in Old City with Abby and Briana. I'm on a mission to find a dress that fits for the upcoming weddings. This probably means checking out the children's section of our local Gap, but I'm not giving in yet.

No comments:

 

Subscribe in a reader