Sunday, April 13, 2008

I heart the rest of Philly too

Even though Northern Liberties is considered a different neighborhood, it feels like an extension of Fishtown and I love it like it's my own hood. This morning (er, early afternoon) me Boss and Charlie went for a cafe ole at Canvas Coffeeshop on Girard and then to the dogpark on Oriana and Poplar. The boys love this park, and as soon as we start driving down 4th they know where we're going and get all worked up. I love this park too because the dogs are always so good, the people are chill, and there's lots of benches to sit in the sun and read or zone out while the boys run around and wear themselves out.

This is what the park looks like before all the dogs come and it gets crazy. Today there was a 3 legged Pitbull and a Chihuahua/Jack Russell mix that was blind in one eye and kept spinning in circles so he could get a full view of the situation. Hilarious.


It's so relaxing here, especially when the sun is shining and I have a good magazine or book, that I end up sitting for hours without really realizing it. And my dogs are so good, it makes me proud to be their mama because they get along with all the dogs and never cause problems. Everyone is always surprised by Charlie and how he likes to get right in with the big dogs and play. He also likes to defend Boss if any dogs seem like they're getting too personal. He's a good big brother.

Boss, on the other hand, doesn't pay any attention to either of us when we're at the park. He likes to collect as many balls as possible and then lay in the dirt and possessively lick them and breath hard.

Yesterday Abby, Briana, Danielle and I met up for some shopping in Old City and I actually found 2 dresses at Sugarcube for the upcoming weddings. And neither one needs to be altered, and they are both made for women, not small children. Yeay! I actually can't wait to wear them and am so happy that I was able to find something that not only fit, but is so pretty. I'll post pics in May. Later Abby and I watched watched the pilot episode of Twin Peaks. I netflixed it months ago but the series just came out so we watched the first one and ate popcorn that Abby made with butter, rosemary, Parmesan and pepper. Delicious. The show is pretty bizarre and funny and creepy at the same time. I remember my mom loving it back in the day (1990) when it was on the air.

This song also reminds me of my mom. I remember her singing it around the house growing up, and it's definitely in my top 10, if not top 5.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good postin. mall was a nightmare filled with lots of uo peeps. im happy you got to dog park it instead. see you this week i hope??

xo
ki

Nonna said...

Such a great song - thanks!

Jess said...

Hooray for new dresses! I'm so happy it was a successful shopping trip. I love the pic of Boss. He looks worn out and happy. We miss you and wish we were there....

Nonna said...

so those subscribe instructions must be easy enough - Pete managed to do it!

Anonymous said...

thanks for being my chauffeur/documentarian, mamma. i love you.

 

Subscribe in a reader