Friday, April 4, 2008

new beginnings

The new loves of my life: basil, lavender, and rosemary:

I know right now it just looks like dirt, but I like to think of them as little baby incubators. It's the perfect environment for new life- sun and warm and dirt and water and LOVE!

I feel like a mother hen, checking on them first thing every morning and throughout the day. I don't know what I'm going to do while I'm at the beach this weekend for Abby's bachelorette party. It's will be my first night away from these babes...
Look really closely around the top left corner you can see the first shoot of basil! This picture is about a week old, I actually have about 20 shoots now.

Ive had such a brown thumb all of my life that it makes me beyond happy to to see things grow under my care. We'll see if I can keep these babies alive but right now they keep getting bigger every day!

I got my 3 hairs cut this week. Actually, I have way more than 3. My hair is so bizarre, it's still falling out but growing in at the same time. Whitney cut it super short and choppy and it actually helps to hide the parts that don't have quite as much hair. We were talking about it and it looks like I probably lost about 25% of my hair, which isn't that bad all things considered. I lost about 75% of my eyebrows and eyelashes though, compared to last chemo where I lost almost all of my hair but hardly any on my eyes. So weird. Anyway, I can tell that it's slowing down though, there is less and less hair on my pillow in the morning. I still feel a little nauseous but hopefully that will start to ebb soon. Since it's been cut I've actually been wearing it without a scarf or wig, even though it makes me self conscious. I'm just so SICK of having something on my head all the time. I was feeling pretty bad about it today, but then I was at Target and in comes a woman who was as bald as Mr. Clean and didn't have it covered up at all. I'm so glad I saw her, it helped me to get things back into perspective. I wanted to give her a hug.

We are heading to Avalon tonight and are spending the weekend at Jed's parents house. I would let you know what we have planned, but just in case Abby reads this before we leave I don't want to give anything away. But what I can say is that, it's going to be a totally relaxing weekend with good friends and good food and good wine and exactly what is needed right now.

Happy Friday.





2 comments:

Jess said...

Hope you guys had a fabulous weekend and Jed took good care of my nephew...I cut my bangs today and feel much better about myself (it's the little things...) get some rest and veg out and then give me a call! xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the best weekend ever. VH1 has nothing on my girls. I love you. xoxo

 

Subscribe in a reader