Tuesday, April 29, 2008

sunshine and happiness

I want this dress to be mine and for me to be wearing it in the sunshine. And if my hair was long like hers and my backyard looked like this I would be fine with that too.

Life has been crazy for me, but in a good way. I have so much that is new and exciting to report, but I won't be able to get into details yet because there really isn't time! Tomorrow Ashley and I are leaving for a trip to LA, and I haven't even packed yet. I'll be home again on Monday morning only to leave again on Wednesday for Jamaica. And then Abby's wedding is the following weekend. Also, the house is 'supposed' to be ready soon. It will be a busy few weeks for me, but I'm so happy to be traveling to warm and sunny places. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

I'm slowly getting my strength back from the chemo. My eyelashes are growing in quickly (they're short little stubs now) and my eyebrows have started, though I still need to draw them on every day, or they kind of look like I have a 5 o'clock shadow over my eyes. It's really weird and freaky looking. But every day there's more and more, so I'm just kind of hanging in there.

I'm going to try and sleep now so I can get about a zillion things done tomorrow before my flight.
xx

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have the greatest trip! I'll miss you. xoxo

Jessica said...

i probably won't see you until the wedding, so have safe and wonderful travel and i'll see you sooon for some dancing.

jess

Jess said...

I swear mom had a shirt that looked just like that dress...
Hope you guys have the best time. Shop hard and have fun!
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Yeah, your mother had that shirt when she was about 20.

Have a good and safe trip.

Dad

Anonymous said...

hi.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE MARRY ME

lindsey said...

Erin, I'm sad that you won't read this comment but somehow, I think the message will get to you. You were the sunshine and happiness for so many people and were really such an inspiration. You will always have a special place in my heart and my thoughts and prayers are with your family, now and forever.

xx

L said...

My darling little one,
You will always be in my heart and I will remember you as an enormous ray of sunshine brightening the world. You will forever sprinkle your magic on Fishtown and beyond from where ever you will be. I am so lucky to have had you in my life if only for a little while. I will cherish those moments always.

Brandon Baldassari said...

Erin - I'm so sorry that you won't be reading this. I just found out through the Drexel alumni mag. We only had one class together, the capstone class. Our random team of four came in 1st against all the other teams with 5 and 6 people. You seriously impressed me with your intellect during those 10 weeks. I was also impressed with your ability to be the glue that held four very different personalities together. I was going through a very tough time then. Even though I never discussed it with you or the group I always felt a little bit of extra effort on your part to reach out and keep me engaged. I'm sure you touched many other people the same way. Thank you and I hope to meet you again someday.

Alex K. said...

It's your birthday today...
Happy birthday.
I'll always remember you.

MG said...

I have no right to ask this, but would someone who knew Erin, direct me to, or post something about what happend. I stumbled upon her blog, and I am in awe of her.

Alex K. said...

Yet another year has passed.
Happy Birthday, Erin.
Always thinking of you.

Alex K. said...

Happy Birthday, Erin.
You're in our hearts.

Alex K. said...

Happy Birthday, Erin.
Another year has gone by...

Alex K. said...

Happy Birthday, Erin.
You are in our hearts.

Alex K. said...

It was your birthday again. You are still in our hearts. Happy belated birthday, Erin.

Alex K. said...

I've been sending you birthday wishes every year. Happy belated.... you are truly missed.

 

Subscribe in a reader