Tuesday, April 1, 2008

what's so funny?

Today is my first official non-chemo Tuesday. I'm a little (or a lot) freaked out by everything, and trying not to think too much about it. Which, for me is practically impossible considering that I over analyze which deodorant to buy, but I'm trying. They are going to scan me in a few weeks to make sure the chemo was successful, and I think once I have that behind me I'll be able to relax a tiny bit. But in the meantime I'm pretty sure that I have fingernail, brain, and/or ear cancer..

Since I'm obviously trying not to be dramatic about the situation, I thought it might help me to watch some funny movies. I would say television too, but I don't really think sitcoms are that funny- I tend to think they're dumb. I do have a recommendation to watch a British comedy called Absolutely Fabulous, so that's on my list, but can anyone else recommend some funny movies for me to netflix? Also, I don't love to watch movies twice and I've seen most of the common "funny" ones (Borat, Dumb and Dumber, Napoleon Dynamite, yada yada) so any ideas on less popular movies?

This weekend Abby and Jed had an ice cream party. They made 4 different kinds of ice cream, their own hot fudge, caramel, and whipped cream. I brought Guinness and we made ice cream floats. It was delicious. I have a new camera now, thanks to an amazing, and tall (amazingly tall) chemo elf, and we decided to take action shots with it. This is our series called 'jump'-

This is Abby. She is excited about her new dress and cute tights.

This is Jon. He's excited because he just turned 30 and people are still throwing him ice cream parties.

This is me and Abby. We're excited about pretty much everything. I know we aren't in the air, but I blame that on Jon and his camera skills. We jumped and hi- fived, but he caught us on the way down.

This is the song Ive been listening to all day. It's probably not new, but it's the first time I heard it and I really like it. Kanye West and Chris Martin:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just laughed so loud at our jumping pictures that a secretary came in to make sure I was ok.
You have a bunch of our funny movies - they are on your TV stand in the living room. I forget all of the titles, but I know Reno 911 is among them. Start with that.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

so google is the best - here are some links to "funny" movie lists

http://www.listsofbests.com/list/7092

http://www.wanderlist.com/funnymovies

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0810484/

I would guess any movie on all of the lists would be a good bet

luv u,
Nonna

Enfievre said...

such cute pics! i love.

did you see eagle vs shark yet? one of my new faves. you will love ab fab. at least i think so. what about the office but the uk one?

Anonymous said...

I bet the SNL Best of Will Ferrell is pretty funny.
More cowbell!

Sarah H

Unknown said...

Hey Erin...now that you have a camera, could you take some pictures of your house? We renovated a house in Baltimore and I miss it sometimes. I loved the character that the old rowhomes have. I know you're renovating, but I would love to see the progress.
:)
Melissa

 

Subscribe in a reader