Sunday, February 3, 2008

i hate packing.

This morning I got a few things out of the basement for Cabo.

Now I need to wash everything and pack. Ugh- PACK. I hate that word. I don't mind doing the laundry, in fact I kind of love it. There's something about sorting and cleaning and washing things carefully that is therapeutic and soothing to me. But then afterwards I have to figure out what to bring and plan and not forget, and all of that is annoying and stressful to me. I think I'll do it later.

First I'm going to Brooklyn with Ashley. It's the perfect day for a little shopping! Then I need to get home in time to try and not mess up my moms directions for her 7-layer dip so I can bring it to Superbowl Sunday at Abby/Jeds.

I feel pretty strong, health-wise. I just gave myself the third Neulasta shot last night, so my immune system should be healthy and strong for Mexico. I'm a little nervous, only because I've never been this far away from my oncologist in the middle of my treatment. But he thinks I'm doing great and doesn't have any concern about the trip, and he told me to just call if I need anything. I'll be fine, right? Plus this could actually be looked at as an exercise in gaining weight. I'll be on the Pina colada diet for 5 days, how could I not put on a few lbs? This is good, and I'll be fine. Right?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right. You will be SO fine.

Jess said...

Seriously fine. And don't stress on the packing you know I'll have all the details covered. I hate football but I'm a little sad I'll be missing the dip.

Gaining weight is my specialty so you're also in good hands there. I hate to break it to you but pina coladas are probably a bad idea- they're full of ice which is the same as the water!

Deb Muse said...

Absolutely right! You two will have a fabulous time!!!

Nonna said...

so I'm sorry to hear that you seem to have inherited the family pre-travel anxiety syndrome - but seriously, this is a good thing, you'll have a great time, everything will be fine and sunshine is good for the soul. Wendy says hello, she's still trying to figure out the whole blog thing.

Jen said...

Of course you'll be fine!! Go, and have a great time, and don't worry about ANYTHING!!! Tell Jess I said hello...and as promised...drink lots of fun frozen drinks for me!!! Have a great time...Jen

Anonymous said...

Have a great time sugar plum! Call me when you get back!

Enfievre said...

Hey Mom!

We hope you are having a blast in Cabo! We have been on our best behavior and are having a great time with Angus. Last night we went to the dog park and played with the big boys. It was a lot of fun. We miss you and cant wait til you are home.

XOXO,
Charlie and Boss

Anonymous said...

I am DYING for a Cabo update. The emails last night were too much of a tease. I need photos. ASAP.

 

Subscribe in a reader